Wednesday 13 June 2012

Best Books of 2012

Hello. Its a great pleasure that my students have prepared nice books based on some topics related with their subjects they are studying in school. From all of the books I have selected three books are the best books of this year. They really did it with full of care. I will introduce the authors and their books introductions here.


1. Development of The Earth
    Author: Aniqa Anan Niha
    Pages: 27

Preface of the Author:

This book is about the development of the earth and how it changed throughout numerous years. It shows the different time periods of the earth and how it changed within time.  It also includes pictures and statistics and has a thorough explanation towards the bad affects which are currently occurring.  I wrote this book to give an explanation towards how our planet formed because most people still don’t know the significant reason. The purpose of this book is to engage the readers into learning accurate facts and gaining knowledge towards the planet earth. 



2. Birds
    Author: Tahreema Islam Turna
    Pages: 25
Preface of the Author:

Just as an iceberg shows only the tip of its structure above the water's surface, this book can feature only a few of the hundreds of species of birds that live within our borders. Those we have selected may or may not include all of your favorites, but we hope you will agree that each one is worth meeting. In addition to reading about their life cycles, you will also be able to take a closer look at birds in general and learn about their feathers, how eggs form and how build a bird house. I hope these glimpses will open a broader vista to you and be just the starting point for enriching your life with birds. You may find that you agree with aviator Charles Lindbergh, who wrote, "I realized that if I had to choose, I would rather have birds than airplanes."
The reason I chose to write about birds because it is very important for people to know about them, their specialty and how to help them. In this book, I have given a lot of pictures with their names to help people remember those birds better. The purpose of my book is to make people know about birds more so that they stop to harm them and help them from becoming extinct. When I wrote this book, I only thought if I will be able to help people through my book or not. I really like birds a lot, especially baby birds. So, I thought why not share my ideas with other people throughout the world.  It nearly took two months for me to complete this book. So, I feel that my book will inspire many people and improve their knowledge about birds. If you just read the book, you may not feel the eagerness of reading further. So, just sit on a comfortable chair, look at the pictures, read the texts and enjoy reading because the more you read the more your knowledge increase. While writing this book, I had to face some troubles which helped me more in writing. So, I would like to share some. The first day when started writing, I found that in my computer, Microsoft Office tools were not working. So I had to uninstall and again re-install it. Then my Internet connection was not working and I was tensed about the pictures. Later, a lot of quiz tests started that week in my school so I had to leave it and study. Although these troubles were small, it would look big for true authors. But as I wrote this book, I myself also got to know things about birds which I was unknown to this whole time. At last I could finish it and I would like to thank my parents for helping me in writing this book


3. Fitness And Health
   Author: Mehnaz Tabassum
   Pages: 34

Preface of the Author:


This book and it’s chapters is meant to give it’s reader’s some ideas and help on improving some of their daily life problems about their health. it gives them some basic ideas on how to live their lives in a fit and healthy manner, especially the first chapter where I, the author,  defines the whole meaning of the term ‘Fitness and Health’. Most of the other chapters are mainly answers of some questions that might arise among us. Or at least that’s what I believe.

   This book can essentially increase your knowledge on many things that you might often think about, for example, did you know that getting cold actually doesn’t cause you to catch a cold? Or that reading in dim light doesn’t really cause permanent damage to your eyes?  Well maybe you do know, but also maybe you don’t. Either way certain questions like these might be answered over here.

   Hey, I’m not some scientist or some medical student who can give you information on complex things that go on inside of us, I’m just a 13 year old girl with dreams of becoming a successful writer someday. And I’m striving, we all strive for our dreams if we’re passionate about it and I AM. And the whole reason I wrote this book in the first place is because I always had this interest to know more about everything. Yes, I get inspiration from almost everything. I always had this urge for knowing more about things that’s why I started doing research on matters and topics that this book consists of and then one day I thought I should let the people, young and small like me, know more about the things I’m getting to know. It is pretty appealing once you start reading it. But once again if it’s not appealing to you, then it just means you’re a whole lot smarter. What? You a scientist? You have your right to say that this book is childish or whatever you have to say. I’m just fine with it, I’m too young to hear complaints about my writing, so do it but keep it to yourself!

   There’s always something special in every book, I hope you feel the same about my book too. They’re things I picked up from online articles, notes from journal, different books etc. And every reference is written in the back except for some of the things that were written in my journal, I don’t really remember where they came from, but still I thank every writer and author whose books and articles I’ve read for writing this book of mine.

   So, I’ve made this preface very brief, I hope it gives you enough juice to turn this page around and start reading the real deal. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment